bcm43xx_mac80211 (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed May 2 16:11:44 UTC 2007

On Tue, 1 May 2007, John W. Linville wrote:

> On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 04:45:55PM -0700, alan wrote:

>>> To be entirely frank (and having to say this sucks because of the large
>>> amount
>>> of work that has gone into making the native driver for Linux), I gave up
>>> even TRYING to get my laptop's wireless card (Broadcom bcm4320) and just
>>> used
>>> Ndiswrapper with the Windows driver.
>>
>> The agrivating part of this is that it works fine in FC6 with the old
>> firmware.  This is a recient change that breaks anyone with the pre-4
>> chipset revision.
>
> Did you try blacklisting the bcm43xx-mac80211 driver?

That finally worked.  (After backreving the firmware and fixing the eth1
alias.)  Also helps if you have a working wifi source to test off of.
(The downtown free access is pretty worthless in Portland.)

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                   - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark