Re: F7T4 -- I tried the Nouveau driver from the LiveCD and hit major problems

Christopher Stone wrote:
On 5/2/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
Nouveau is nowhere near a state that it could run Compiz. More details
at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureNouveau

Including Nouveau in the distro at this stage is probably a bad idea.
I think whomever came up with the idea are just too much forward
thinking.  Perhaps we should put it on the shelf and revisit it for
Fedora X.

Why? It is turned off by default just like the new Intel xorg driver in FC6. That did help in users providing feedback when they turn it on manually. It fits our mission of progressing Free software. This is a important project. Anything that we can do to help is worth the effort.

Rahul