F7T4 -- I tried the Nouveau driver from the LiveCD and hit major problems

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 3 12:48:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 21:17 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> The whole thing is blocked on TTM in any case, so I don't really
> expect that things are going to progress very quickly for a while.

Not quite. Textures are sortof stopped by TTM (as it's little point
re-inventing the wheel) but other stuff like glxgears (and other trivial
opengl stuff) should be working[1]. People are working on foundation
stuff behind the scenes, so to speak.

Put it this way: in a few months time I'm expecting to be playing Q3 on
nouveau.

Richard.

[1] with updated mesa packages