Re: Proposal ocaml guidelines

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Nigel Jones wrote:
Sorry to come into the discussion a bit later than expected.
Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:
The proposal I mailed to the list yesterday is now available here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/OCaml
What's the thinking behind removing *.mli by default?  Even in packages
which are well documented, the *.mli files are the definitive reference
for programmers. I think they should always be in the -devel subpackage.
I replaced it in ocaml-SDL and ocaml-camlimages with ocamldoc generated
html references, which seems to be pretty much the same as the
individual mli files.

But I wanna use 'less'!

Seriously, I don't want to fire up a browser just to check an interface. Even the text mode browsers have serious UI problems compared to
'less /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/list.mli'.

Is there any reason why *.mli files can't be included in a -devel package? I'm not talking about the main library package where it would add bloat, but in a package which would only need to be installed by developers.

Other then size, no. So if there is a use for them, and appearantly there is, I guess the not shipping of them should be removed from the guidelines (thats why they are a draft :)

Regards,

Hans