Yum-presto utilities

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Mon May 7 19:16:15 UTC 2007

On Mon, 07 May 2007 21:27:04 +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:

> I've finally got a copy of createprestorepo that I'm (mostly) happy
> with, along with a couple of other small utilites:

> * prunerepo - This is actually FI's RepoPrune with a few small
>   modifications to make it useful for local mirrors.
>   http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/presto/prunerepo-0.1.0.tar.bz2

The way you've modified it, you could also have used "repomanage" from
yum-utils instead. Essentially, you've removed the feature that
distinguishes RepoPrune from repomanage and which makes it ~4x faster. In
short: RepoPrune only compares src.rpm EVRs and kills all orphaned binary
rpms, which refer to a non-existant src.rpm. This only works with
a repository, where every binary rpm must have a "mother" src.rpm.

I was afraid of releasing it as an executable script, since without
modifications it is destructive whenever a repository does not match the
Fedora Extras repository layout. ;-)

The three "assert" calls are one of the few safety measures in RepoPrune.
They are better executed always and without "assert", because I think
optimised Python code might drop them.