Re: Legality of Fedora in production environment

Simo Sorce wrote:

Then I guess the burden should be on Fedora in this case. Asking the
developer of a package (or a packager) to provide a legally verified
translation to English is a bit too much IMO.

Fedora does not have the legal resources to pursue translations of every new license that people come up. If the developer does not want to have this trouble then they should just adopt more commonly used licenses instead of insisting on more unique licenses that adds to the burden of maintainers, redistributors and increasing the potential for Free software silos.

We cannot accept the legal risk of including software under licenses that we don't understand.

Rahul