hard disk power down

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue May 22 05:02:55 UTC 2007

On 21.05.2007 21:55, David Zeuthen wrote:
> [...]
> e.g. you'd have the option in g-p-m for both the "On AC" and "On
> battery" tabs saying
>
>  [x] When idle, power down hard disks and peripherals
>
> that defaults to [x] for "On battery" and [ ] for "On AC". [...]

Site note:

/me sometimes wonders if g-p-m besides "On battery" and "On AC" should
have a "In silent mode" configuration. People than could activate this
silent mode when they are in areas (libraries for example or sitting
with the laptop beside my girlfriend in the living room) where silent is
more important then performance.

CU
thl