Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-MAY-21

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Wed May 23 14:41:02 UTC 2007

>    * bz 212781 the installer-hang-on-lowmem machines will need a
> release note if there isn't an obvious fix

I suggest users with < 512 MB RAM use text mode install.
However, that short-circuits some of firstboot and thus smolt because
the run level is set to three, correct ?
I can't remember if system-config-services ( I think the only thing
run by run by firstboot at run level three ) has a "Would you rather
boot into a GUI ? " type of question 'cus I usually blast by it.

Charles Dostale