YUM Problem

Daryll Strauss daryll.strauss at gmail.com
Mon May 28 18:00:26 UTC 2007

As of a couple days ago yum stopped working. The traceback ends with:
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/urlgrabber/grabber.py", line
695, in process_http
     auth_handler.add_password(None, host, user, password)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'user' referenced before assignment

I added an extra print statement. The "parts" being passed in to the
routine were:
Parts:  ('http', 'download. at DISTNAME@.redhat.com',
'/pub/fedora/linux/core/7/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml', '', '', '')

It looks like the @DISTNAME@ is causing the problem. The routine thinks
we're specifying a user name instead of expanding a meta variable.

I installed F7T4 and have been tracking rawhide. Am I missing something?
Any suggestions on how to fix it?

						- |Daryll