shiny desktop, anyone?

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed May 30 11:49:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, 30 May 2007, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> If you want other distro for comparison - Mint Linux (as a good
> example comes to mind) and UbuntuStudio (as a not so good example).
> look at this:
> http://linuxmint.com/pictures/screenshots/bianca-2.2/06.png

Mint seem to have made the panel a bit more interesting, but the titlebars
are very plain and boring (also my complaint with the Fedora theme).

I had a quick google around for Ubuntu Studio screenshots:
http://ubuntustudio.com/ww2/themes/ubuntustudio/images/screenshots/screenshot-3.png
Quite nice - I like the domed look on the panels and title bars, and that
could be alpha-blended when switching to compiz to keep the theming
consistent.

For what it's worth, I use a customised LimeRefresh theme under Beryl,
changing the green titlebars to blue - much more interesting than the
plain default Metacity theme.

--

  - Steve