Plan for tomorrows (20070531) FESCO meeting

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed May 30 18:29:00 UTC 2007

I just joined this list because the extras list is no longer and it said
this is where you should make suggestions.

For FESCO meeting:
   I do not know where things stand with regard to being able to perform
an upgrade installation from FC6 to FC7 but for me this is very  very
important.  I have a lot of FC6 servers where I have configured
literally over a hundred packages.  The only way that I would be able to
migrate these servers to FC7 is by a yum (or other tool) upgrade path.
A complete reinstall is out of the question.  And if that is necessary
my servers will be stuck on FC6 forever.  Also I have other servers that
I want to migrate to new 64-bit architecture from 32-bit.  I have not
found a documented, automated way in which I can do this so that all the
32-bit packages are replaced with their 64-bit counterparts.  These are
some things that I would like to see discussed.