trouble using mock on FC6-x86_64 to build an i386 rpm for FC6

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Thu May 31 09:54:19 UTC 2007

Jesse wrote:
> Just to rule things out, try it without autocache.  Blow away the chroot
> all together and start from fresh with setarch.

Finally found the problem.  When I configured mock for the local
repository mirrors, I copied lines from a yum repository config
file into the mock configuration.  This kept the basearch variable.
Had I thought much about it at all, I would have expected that when
doing an i386 build (especially after doing a setarch), basearch
would evaluate to i386, but apparently it does not.  I changed the
mock configuration to use a hard-coded i386, and it builds fine.

Thanks!
Eric