Package EVR problems in Fedora 2007-10-31

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Nov 2 14:38:31 UTC 2007

On Fr November 2 2007, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:07:12 +0100, Till Maas wrote:

> > Here is an example from the report:
> >     Zim
> >       F7-updates-testing > F8 (0:0.21-1.fc7 > 0:0.19-1.fc7)
> > Zim-0.21-1.fc7 is in F7 updates-testing but the version in F8 is older.
> > Btw. there is already a request to add Zim-0.21-1.fc8 to F8
> > updates-testing.
>
> Yes, but if you only repeat Roland McGrath's request, that one has
> been noticed. Perhaps bodhi already offers an interface where to
> retrieve a list of pending push requests. Perhaps it doesn't yet.

He did not make it clear to me, which push requests he meant. I understood
that he meant the request from testing to stable, e.g. in the above case it
rel-eng should be notified in case the Zim maintainer already requested a
push for Zim from  F-8 updates-testing to F-8 stable.

I guess an integration into Bodhi like you suggested would be the best way,
where a maintainer gets a warning before adding something to a stable repo
when it breaks the upgrade path. Then at leas the upgrade-path breakages will
not happen unintentionally.

Regards,
Till