Fedora 8 Test3 and problem with updates

Marcin Zajączkowski mszpak at wp.pl
Sat Nov 3 11:46:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Fedora 7.92 (i386) and the installation process
finished quite fast and without visible problems. There were almost 300
updates available so I started to do it in groups.

After about 100 updates and a few restarts something ate the Infinity
theme for gdm, which was set by default in t3. Login screen doesn't look
very nice, but I'm still able to login.
Was it intended to removed that theme?

In a meantime yum configuration started points to "normal" repository
(not development).

Later I wanted to update packages started with "f" (yum update f*), but
after downloading several packages installation process failed. I
separated problematic package - fedora-gnome-theme. The problem looks like:

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Installing:
 fedora-gnome-theme      noarch     8.0.0-1.fc8      fedora
10 k
Installing for dependencies:
 bluecurve-icon-theme    noarch     8.0.0-1.fc8      fedora
5.1 M
 fedora-icon-theme       noarch     1.0.0-1.fc8      fedora
115 k

Transaction Summary
Install      3 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 5.2 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
Package metacity needs redhat-artwork >= 0.62, this is not available.
Package nodoka-theme-gnome needs redhat-artwork >= 7.0.0, this is not
available.
Package gdm needs redhat-artwork >= 5.0.11-1, this is not available.
Package system-config-display needs redhat-artwork >= 0.61-1, this is
not available.
Complete!

I was able to update metacity, but had problem with some other package -
redhat-artwork seemed to has the same files as some fedora package.

Could it be conflict between packages installed from development
repository and those from "normal" fedora repository (after yum
configuration switch)?

Regards
Marcin