Repo Suggestion

Mark Bidewell mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu
Mon Nov 5 14:24:34 UTC 2007

Last week I tried moving to updates-testing in order to test latest KDE on
F7.  The resulting kernel update was mismatched with kernel-devel so I could
not install the nvidia drivers.  My suggestion is this.  Would it be
possible to segregate updates according to package type (similiar to the
SUSE buildservice) or even just along the lines of Desktop (KDE/GNOME/etc
and deps) and System( kernel etc.)  so testing bleeding edge packages from
one package group won't break other system packages?

Mark Bidewell