Dropping Base X group? [Was: Re: KDE logout options with F8]

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 6 18:54:57 UTC 2007

Matej Cepl <mcepl <at> redhat.com> writes:
> > I wish we had a way to mark packages as actively deprecated.  I don't
> > want to orphan xdm, I want that no one work on it ever again.
>
> Yes, please, I am always lost with xdm bugs ...

KDM is derived from XDM and the current KDE packages share some files with XDM
instead of duplicating them, so KDE will need changes if you remove XDM. (This
is also why there's currently no KDE updates from kde-redhat for EL5. I'd
suggest just rebuilding the FC6 xorg-x11-xdm for EL5 in kde-redhat, it would be
the easiest way to solve this problem.)

        Kevin Kofler