libgnome update problem (broken deps) (Was: Re: Fedora 8 Test3 and problem with updates)

Marcin Zajączkowski mszpak at wp.pl
Wed Nov 7 21:21:38 UTC 2007

On 2007-11-07 03:04, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 19:42 +0100, Marcin Zajączkowski wrote:
>>
>>> ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
>>> Package nodoka-theme-gnome needs redhat-artwork >= 7.0.0, this is not
>>> available.
>>> Complete!
>>
>> What version of nodoka-theme-gnome do you have installed ?
>> I don't see that dependency here:
>>
>> [mclasen at localhost gtk]$ rpm -q nodoka-theme-gnome
>> nodoka-theme-gnome-0.3.2-2.fc8
>
> In one of the systems that I looked at there was a duplicate package
> which resulted in conflicts. It is better to run
>
> # package-cleanup --cleandupes
>
> to check. package-cleanup is part of yum-utils.

cleandupes didn't help, but anm old version of nodoka-theme-gnome was a
problem. It relies on redhat-artwork. Newer version of
nodoka-theme-gnome depends on fedora-icon-theme, but fedora-icon-theme
doesn't obsolete redhat-artwork and I was required to remove completely
redhat-artwork (and for satisfy dependency nodoka-theme-gnome) and later
install new nodoka-theme-gnome (and fedora-icon-theme for satisfy
dependency).

Maybe fedora-icon-theme should obsoletes redhat-artwork (if they have
shared files)?

Thanks for help
Marcin