Deltarpms will be available for F7 -> F8 upgrade

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 06:06:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 17:07 -0500, Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 9:26 PM +0200 11/8/07, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> >On a better note, deltarpms for Fedora 8 updates are ready.  The good
> >news is that you no longer have to use "deltaurl=".  All you do is set
> >"baseurl=http://lesloueizeh.com/f8/i386/updates"
> >in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo.  The bad news (at least for me)
> >is that it means you will be downloading both deltarpms and regular rpms
> >from our school's mirror and I believe our bandwidth is limited to
> >100GB/month.
>
> 100 GiB is not much.  Will "deltaurl=" still work as before, with non-delta
> updates coming from the baseurl or mirrorlist?

We made a design decision with yum-presto-0.4.x to not support deltaurl
anymore (mainly because it increased the size and complexity of the code
by a large factor).

In the short term, that's a pain because the official repositories
aren't presto-enabled, but once they do become presto-enabled, all you
will have to do is install yum-presto without making any configuration
changes.

Jonathan