java-plugin not working in F8

Jon Escombe lists at dresco.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 13:22:58 UTC 2007

----- "Valent Turkovic" <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I type "about:plugins" in firefox I see the following plugins
> installed:
>
> NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 0.9.91.5
> Totem Web Browser Plugin 2.20.1
> Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible (compatible;
> Totem)
> Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)
> DivX(R) Web Player
> QuickTime Plug-in 7.2.0
>
> and I also instaled this one:
> Shockwave Flash
>
> Should java be listed here?
>
> Valent.
> --

The IcedTea plugin didn't work for me out of the box either, but uninstalling the nspluginwrapper RPM did the trick here.. ( java only appeared in about:plugins after I did this). Strangely however, it stayed working after I reinstalled nspluginwrapper, but by that point there had been both firefox & nspluginwrapper updates..

Regards,
Jon