When will CVS be replaced by modern version control system?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 14:23:00 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:12:43 +0100
Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:

> I personally, as a packager, do not care whether we stay with CVS or
> move to another "more better" system.  My packaging work flow for the
> most part is satisifed with CVS.  But also keep in mind that much of
> the current package workflow has been defined by the limitations of
> CVS. Our current faux-branching scheme was in part done because of
> CVS, for example.

I don't disagree at all, and I completely agree with the rest of your
message, which is why I'm so interested in what kind of new and amazing
workflow we might be able to find with a new VCS.  The same workflow
with a different VCS might gain you a few little nice things here and
there, not used by most people.  But if we can create a more compelling
workflow with better tools, then that's really something to talk about.

--
Jesse Keating