packaging files via symlinks

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Nov 17 15:51:36 UTC 2007

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 04:37:26PM +0100, Florian La Roche wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> but running this on Fedora-devel shows that also other
> packages are affected:
>
> symlink /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets from docbook-style-xsl-1.73.2-4.fc9.noarch.rpm is used as directory name in docbook-style-xsl-1.73.2-4.fc9.noarch.rpm dblatex-0.2.7-16.fc9.noarch.rpm
>
> I'll add a bugzilla report for tkdnd, amsn, tbcload,
> pharosc, docbook-style-xsl, dblatex if noone are already filed.

I am interested in dblatex, and I don't see what is wrong with using the
symlink as a directory. Indeed,
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.73.2-4.fc9
may be the right directory to use, but it xsl-stylesheets version
dependent. Does it mean that the version dependency is hidden by using
the symlink, but that it will break upon docbook-style-xsl update?

In that case I guess that the right thing to do is to have
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets be a directory.

--
Pat