Bugzilla 'version' changes for Fedora this Friday!

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 21:47:50 UTC 2007

Hi folks!

To help make Bugzilla easier to use and understand, we're going to make
two changes to the 'version' field:

1) Stop using the fNtestX versions, and
2) Rename "devel" to "rawhide".

We're doing this because of two facts about Fedora development:
First, test releases are just rawhide snapshots, so they shouldn't be
tracked as their own special versions. Second, everyone calls the
development tree "Rawhide", so Bugzilla should reflect that.

So here's what's happening. This Friday, all bugs filed against Test
versions of Fedora will be moved to the corresponding final release -
for example, fc6test2 bugs will be moved to fc6. The testX versions will
then be removed from the version list in Bugzilla. Finally we'll rename
"devel" to "rawhide".

NOTE: this MAY BREAK scripts or links that used "devel". If you have any
such scripts, make sure you update them as soon as possible!

Thanks!

-w