Re: Please modify your OpenGL using games to use opengl-games-utils

On 10/1/07, Wart <wart kobold org> wrote:
> > fglrx does while nvidia does _NOT_  use dri
>
> Are you sure?  On my system with the nvidia binary drivers from livna:
>
> $ glxinfo | grep -i direct
> direct rendering: Yes

sure it does provide direct rendering else the driver would be useless ;)

> ...and neverball/neverputt work fine with the wrapper.

ok looked at the warpper code and it seems that it just looks for
direct rendering: Yes in the glxinfo output which should work on any
card providing direct rendering.

> Now, the nvidia driver does not load the dri module in xorg.conf,
> presumably because the binary driver has DRI built-in.

no, there are not using the dri/drm infrastructure at all there using their own.