Please modify your OpenGL using games to use opengl-games-utils

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Mon Oct 1 20:39:15 UTC 2007

Doncho N. Gunchev wrote:

>> for all games just by exporting the environment variable.  Since you
>> are asking for the games packages to use this by default, there needs
>> to be a per-user way to disable the script action on multi-user
>> configurations.

> Why not a checkbox - don't show this warning again? If checked - touch
> a file (say ~/.no_video_warning) and don't bother the user again.
>
> I think the user should be able to abort the game start, to start anyway
> and to start anyway and never be bothered again.

+1

To be fair I haven't see the script (yet) but that sounds a like a
sensible suggestion to me. The user should have the option of continuing
regardless, if they so choose, and not to be bothered again. This should
be as simple as possible and done graphically, ideally at launch time.

--
Ian Chapman.