pungi, python and the question: where are the python gurus?

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Oct 2 10:38:21 UTC 2007

Hi!

It might be likely possible, that nobody using Fedora and using pungi
ever tried creating isos, is that right? I don't think so. But it might
likely be possible, that nobody ever tried to create non-DVD isos and
therefor nobody encountered the following problem:

[root at gosa pungi]# sh ~/bin/run_pungi.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pungi", line 178, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/pungi", line 43, in main
    config.set('default', 'cdsize', part.size)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 639, in set
    raise TypeError("option values must be strings")
TypeError: option values must be strings

This came up after I enabled the following in my pungi (ks/kickstart)
config:

part iso --size=650

Well, no 650 is not a string (is it?), but for me option values in this
case are allowed to be instance of int as well and in any other case
that might be true also. Therefor my suggested patch attached; Simply
checks if option value is instance string OR int. And it also prints out
the value in case it's not a string/int, for easier debugging.

And before someone asks:
[oliver at gosa devel]$ rpm -q pungi python
pungi-1.1.3-1.fc8
python-2.5.1-11.fc8

So please python geeks/gurus and/or python guys with good connections to
upstream python. Fix/nring it upstream. :-)

Thanks a lot for listening,
 Oliver