pungi, python and the question: where are the python gurus?

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Oct 2 12:47:06 UTC 2007

On 10/02/2007 02:36 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:38:21 +0200
> Oliver Falk <oliver at linux-kernel.at> wrote:
>
>> It might be likely possible, that nobody using Fedora and using pungi
>> ever tried creating isos, is that right? I don't think so. But it
>> might likely be possible, that nobody ever tried to create non-DVD
>> isos
>
> That's far more likely.  In fact, my last couple releases the
> validation I did didn't include split iso tests, so this code path is a
> bit unused.

No problem. I'll (have to) validate this code path frequently, since
most Alphas dont' have a DVD ROM. None of mine has one...

And oh well, that reminds me, that a need to submit some patch for
anaconda...

>> and therefor nobody encountered the following problem:
>>
>> [root at gosa pungi]# sh ~/bin/run_pungi.sh
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/bin/pungi", line 178, in <module>
>>     main()
>>   File "/usr/bin/pungi", line 43, in main
>>     config.set('default', 'cdsize', part.size)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 639, in set
>>     raise TypeError("option values must be strings")
>> TypeError: option values must be strings
>>

>> This came up after I enabled the following in my pungi (ks/kickstart)
>> config:
>>
>> part iso --size=650
>
> Ok, yeah, this is just clearly a bug in pungi.  Pykickstart hands this
> back as an int, but pungi is trying to stuff that into a ConfigParser
> set, which requires strings.  The correct thing to do here is to wrap
> that stuffing in str().

OK, that might be the better fix. But doesn't it make sense ConfigParser
also allows int as values? I mean any kind of number (int, float,
complex) could be handled as string...

> I've made that change and done some local testing and this appears to
> solve the problem.  I'll commit to tip and get a new build out today.

Thx Jesse, it's great you're there; We can always count on you, your
quick responses and lighting-speed fast actions! :-)

-of