FC-7 mockbuild fails/koji build succeeds

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Oct 3 14:47:01 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> No it wasn't dropped from rpm-build, it never was there to begin
>>> with.
> If rpm doesn't use these tools itself, then this would be, OK,
> otherwise this would qualify as a bug.
>
>>> diffutils has always been one of the implicit requirements (for no
>>> good reason IMO but that's another story) and has only been added
>>> recently to rawhide rpm.
> Does rpm use it?

Yes.  As Michael said above, diff is used in the check-files script
for one.  So it needs to require diffutils.

The problem is that this could have been coordinated better.  The
buildsys package for F-7 shouldn't have been updated until after an
updated rpm package with fixed BRs was pushed.

Should a ticket get filed with infrastructure regarding this?  Or has
one already been filed?

Ah!  Useless!  Every one of you!  Fine.  I will defend myself and to
hell with all of you!
    -- Stewie Griffin