technical question

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu Oct 4 05:44:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 00:38 -0500, Sam Gordon wrote:
> hi i got a question..my friend installed fedora on my pc and put in
> the username password and now he doesnt remember it lol..and i have no
> idea what it is because he installed it...is there a way to override
> the login or somehow bypass it and change the information? plz just
> tell me what my options r in the matter

Yes, you should be able to login as the root user (the so-called
"superuser" in Unix/Linux systems). As the root user you can then run
"passwd <username>" to replace your lost password for that acccount.

Hope that helps.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479