Re: technical question

That would be the command prompt :)

Linux users who haven't seen a shell before. Fancy this wondrous modern age we live in. Type the following:

passwd root

and you can change the root password. Then type

passwd <your friend's username here>

and you can change his password.

Sam Gordon wrote:
im probably buggin the hell out of u and im sorry....it rebooted it after i wrote single in the line for the kernels but now its stuck at
sh-3.1#
and doesnt load anything

On 10/4/07, *Casey Dahlin* <cjdahlin ncsu edu <mailto:cjdahlin ncsu edu>> wrote:

    Modify kernel arguments. You want to add 'single' to the end of the
    arguments list.

    Sam Gordon wrote:
    > hey wow that was fast cool...ok im in some screen and its says GNU
    > GRUB vr. 0.97
    > Fedora Core( 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5)
    > i guess its like a boot window...i cant like edit commands before
    > booting, modify kernel arguments before booting, or go to
    command line...
    > is this where i type what u said or the main login window after the
    > system starts up?
    > cuz i tried /etc/passwd and that didnt work at all...and u attached
    > something do i input that sumwhere?
    >
    > On 10/4/07, *Casey Dahlin* < cjdahlin ncsu edu
    <mailto:cjdahlin ncsu edu>
    > <mailto:cjdahlin ncsu edu <mailto:cjdahlin ncsu edu>>> wrote:
    >
    >     Sam Gordon wrote:
    >     > hi i got a question..my friend installed fedora on my pc
    and put in
    >     > the username password and now he doesnt remember it lol..and i
    >     have no
    >     > idea what it is because he installed it...is there a way to
    >     override
    >     > the login or somehow bypass it and change the information?
    plz just

    <http://fedoraforum.org> or #fedora on
    <http://irc.freenode.net> . That being said,