Default Firefox settings

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 12:38:24 UTC 2007

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> Does there exist any useful statistical data out there to verify the
> "not insignificant number" claim? I've been browsing the web with
> pipelining enabled for ages and have yet to come across a page that
> doesn't work. Is the problem real or one of these myths that stay around
> because people read on the internet that pipelining has problems so it
> must be true?

You could look to see how many Apache 1.3.x webservers are out there
still via Netcraft, etc.  Unless it's had a patch to it (I've not kept
up on Apache 1.3).  My blog post [1] should help you figure out what
data to look for if you want to figure this out.

[1] http://christopher.aillon.org/blog/dev/mozilla/20050105-pipelining.html