Announcing Fedora 8 Test 3 (7.92)!

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 19:33:43 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 21:23 +0200, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> Am Thu, 04 Oct 2007 10:28:38 -0400 schrieb Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>:
> >  * Fedora 8 Test 3 can be installed via Live image, regular DVD, or
> > via network installation.  You can find the DVD images as well as the
> > primary live images at:
> >
> > http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/7.92/
>
> Can someone explain to me why the KDE-LiveCD is only available via
> torrent? Bandwith? Did I missed a thread where that was discussed?

Timing.  To get things on the mirrors, they needed to be available for
syncing on Monday.  The KDE live images were done at the end of the day
on Tuesday due to scrambling around the knetworkmanager stuff.

They'll be back to normally available for the final release.  Although
the current thinking is for the developer and FEL spins to be
torrent-only

Jeremy