cvs access problem

Hi,

Probably because I've not done anything for ages, my box doesn't like
cvs for fedora.

In my home directory, I've opened a terminal window and typed

export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=:pserver:my_user_name cvs fedoraproject org:/cvs/pkgs
cd extras
cvs co common owners

cvs then throws back

no such user my_user_name in CVSROOT/passwd

(my_user_name is replaced with my actual user name)

Any ideas on what's going wrong?

TTFN

Paul