Re: gdm Create User

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 19:35 -0600, Richi Plana wrote:
> I used to work at a company where Windows and Active Directory was the
> standard. Each time a new employee would be given a desktop, the
> system
> administrator would either log on as network admin from the machine he
> was installing or go back to his terminal to create the user account.

Well, maybe in small companies, they can think of doing something lie
that.
But in big organizations most of the time the admin that install or
deploy computers does not have the right to create accounts. And most of
the time accounts are generated by the HR department and added in the
system by scripts or meta directories.

Simo.