OpenSceneGraph-devel woes on F-7/FC-6 ExcludeArch change in stable release

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Oct 8 17:26:18 UTC 2007

Christopher Stone wrote:
> Why can't we develop some way for a devel package maintainer to
> email package maintainers who buildrequire your devel package?

Limited hours in the day and limited folks who know the code for
bodhi, koji, and the other infrastructure tools to write a patch to
implement it.

One thing you can do now, which might help you out, is add a
notification in koji.  That way you'll get a heads up whenever someone
builds a package you depend on (and you can check the changelog for
things like "add excludearch..." or whatever).

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/notificationcreate

Won't help you for FC-6, but that won't be a problem for long.

If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?
    -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)