Test NetworkManager-openvpn?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Oct 9 09:23:24 UTC 2007

Thomas Canniot wrote :

> Le Fri, 5 Oct 2007 07:44:13 -0400,
> Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> a écrit :
>
> > On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:26:28 -0400
> > Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Can someone test the equivalent for NetworkManager-openvpn with
> > > Selinux enforcing enabled?  Please test it in both "service
> > > NetworkManager start" and "NetworkManager --no-daemon" mode to be
> > > sure both are functioning properly.
> >
> > That's a little difficult when NM-openvpn hasn't yet been ported to
> > NM-0.7 infrastructure.
> >

> On FC7, I had absolutely no problem using it... in fact, it is the
> light at the end of the tunnel for me. It works so great and out of the
> box (certificate and login / pwd identification on a wpa network). I
> can now connect very easily in my university.

WPA? Then you probably mean Wireless, not VPN :-)

I use NM with OpenVPN on F-7, and although it "mostly works" (I use
certificates with login/pass), it gets things completely wrong
regarding network routes. I still have some open bug reports about this
upstream...

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.6-81.fc7
Load : 0.27 0.37 0.36