Re: OpenSceneGraph-devel woes on F-7/FC-6 ExcludeArch change in stable release

> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:21:11 -0700
> Toshio Kuratomi <a badger gmail com> wrote:
>
> > If koji keeps track of dependencies it would be easier to implement
> > this there than in the packagedb at the moment.  The packagedb
> > doesn't currently track dependencies because the other tools do
> > that.  We could change that, but we probably need to sit down and
> > talk about what tools we want storing which information in the dbs.
>

> Actually in the koji db there are listed rpm requirements.
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=228266 is an example of srpm Requires which are the same as BuildRequires in the spec.  The problem is that many times these requires are somewhat generic and can be serviced by multiple packages and/or rely on indirect BuildRequires that are pulled in from the direct BuildRequires or the minimal buildroot.
>
> It is really quite difficult to get an accurate map of exactly which
> packages will ultimately need your package to build.

The notification system that is currently available might be the best
way to go then.  Perhaps we can enhance the notification system to be
easier to use.  For example, it could suggest packages you should
subscribe to for notifications.  In addition, there should be
notification levels like there are syslog levels.  So the most
important pushes which would require a rebuild would be set at the
highest notification level and then I can just filter out the
notifications I really care about this way.