Re: yum-updatesd in F8?

Ville Skytt? writes:
> Can yum-cron do download+notify only?  That's the mode I'd prefer for
> most setups.

Yes.  In /etc/sysconfig/yum-cron, set

  CHECK_ONLY=yes

In another development, Bug 325531 suggests having yum-cron call
yum-updatesd in run-once mode, so as to take advantage of the plethora
of notification options available to yum-updatesd without having to
waste daemon space on it.  I'll play with this and see how it works.

      Alec

--
 	    Alec Habig, University of Minnesota Duluth Physics Dept.
	    		    habig neutrino d umn edu