CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 09:17:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 08:30 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le mercredi 10 octobre 2007 à 22:23 -0400, seth vidal a écrit :
>
> > livecd - you can do pkg selection after you're installed
>
> And users do not want that. That's the same thing as the "reboot before
> continuing" windows plague

What's wrong with that? You have to reboot anyways.

Well, years ago I heard that Caldera's Linux was able to switch to the
installed system without reboot. SUSE also, if I recall correctly. Not
an option though -- the user can choose kernel (xen v. non-xen at least)
at install time and, well, reboot is a way to verify if boot loader was
installed correctly.