Re: Network Manager 0.7.0-0.3.svn2970 broken?!

On 10/11/07, Stefan Grosse <singularitaet gmx net> wrote:
> After the rawhide update of today, October 10th the Network Manager seems to
> be broken in a way that it interrupts my internet connection completely. I
> cannot activate eth0 manually. Internet works only if the networkmanager is
> not loaded on startup.
>
> I have an Asus A8Js notebook with intel 3945 for wlan and for wired I have:
> a realtek (pci, r8169, NETWORK, RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit) Ethernet
> controller.
>
> Stefan

Believe these version of NM allows configurable 'auto connection'.

My would come up with no network connection, but I could manually
select it from the nm-applet.

Applications->System Tools->Configuration Editor allows setting
'autoconnect' for each connection.--

For me, this was 'system->networking->connections->1->connection->autoconnect'

After selecting that, wired comes up like before......

tom
--
Tom London