Re: boot-time / readahead investigations

On 10/12/07, Jon Nettleton <jon nettleton gmail com> wrote:
> Yes and you can still run those services during boot if you would
> like.  Nothing is stopping you.  Actually if you looked at my scripts
> you will see I don't even include scripts for either of these
> services.

I don't mind seeing services turned into NWD controlled items which
only come on if the network is present by default.  But if we are
going to move to NWD based services in by default, we need some
integration with UI such that we can easily tag those services as
always on at boot on a case by case basis.  So when I'm using my
desktop/server/laptop I don't have to drill down and figure out wtf
the NWD managed scripts live and I can just open up the services UI
and tell each managed service to stop being dynamic and start being
always on.

-jef