Re: yum-updatesd in F8?

Ville Skytt? writes:
> Alec T. Habig wrote:
> > Ville Skytt? writes:
> > > Can yum-cron do download+notify only?  That's the mode I'd prefer for
> > > most setups.
> >
> > Yes.  In /etc/sysconfig/yum-cron, set
> >
> >   CHECK_ONLY=yes
>
> That seems to result in it running "yum check-update" which AFAIK does
> not actually download the _packages_.

Oops.  And yum seems to have lost it's "--download-only" option, which
is what we could use here.

We could bring in yum-utils to use yumdownloader to drop them into the
spool directory, but that's starting to get complicated and fragile.
Hmm.

--
 	    Alec Habig, University of Minnesota Duluth Physics Dept.
	    		    habig neutrino d umn edu