Re: The gstreamer third way

On 2007-10-12, 18:41 GMT, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> This problem wouldn't have arised if samba just stayed with
> GPLv2. I cannot imagine how you can call this a QT bug.

I am sorry, but upstream has every right to change their license
to whatever they wish. If somebody wants to use their
functionality (you know, KDE is using product of Samba folks
work), then he/she/it must accommodate his code.

b) When choosing whether we want to fork Samba or whether KDE
will suck it up, we probably decide what is more important to us
-- fully functional Samba fully supported by upstream or KDE
supporting smb:// (the situation would be the same if it was
Gnome what is affected -- don't drag me into that religious war)?
I am afraid the answer is obvious.

Matěj