Re: how to keep ssb kernel module from loading?

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:20:15 -0400
sean darcy <seandarcy2 gmail com> wrote:

I have a laptop with a braodcom 4311 wireless card :(.

The b43 and ssb kernel modules don't work.

what is the bugzilla number for this?

I didn't file.

Posted to the upstream bcm43xx-dev lists berlios de:

sean darcy wrote:
> Compaq Presario C714NR, Intel GM965
>
> uname -r
> 2.6.23-0.224.rc9.git6.fc8
>
> lspci
> 01:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan
> mini-PCI (rev 02)

As John Linville suggested, rev 02 of the 4311's are not supported. At the moment, the reverse engineers need to take apart the latest Broadcom driver and write the specifications for this device. Until they find the time, this device will not work with either b43 or bcm43xx.

Sorry,

Larry

Should I file it? It's not a fedora issue, or is this to keep track of upstream issues?

sean