Re: Freepascal compiler inclusion of pre-build binary

Once upon a time Sunday 14 October 2007, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When the fpc-package (Freepascal compiler) was approved, there were no
> rules regarding pre-build binaries and compilers yet. But after some
> discussion I got an approval to use them.
>
> Now I want to add support for ppc64 but to do that, I need to use a
> pre-build binary once more. The current packaging-guidelines state that
> I need an approval from the packaging committee.
>
> So what should I do now, ask for an approval or isn't that necessary?
I think that since you initially got approval to use the prebuilt binary  to
bootstrap fpc  that it should be ok.  What i would suggest though is putting
the logic in the spec permanently to bootstrap other archs  and have a
defines control that.  Once you have a build that has been bootstrapped.
build a new version that is built against the fedora built fpc package.

Dennis