Re: Request for Comments: Proposed changes to Fedora development cycle

Hans de Goede wrote:
Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le mardi 16 octobre 2007 à 20:26 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :
Mike McGrath wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:

Why does this deeming good have to be done by rel-eng? Thats creating both a bottle-neck and a hoop to jump through.
Someone has to do it, who?

How about the maintainer?

The  maintainer will always put his package before the distro as a whole

If that is how people here think about maintainers, or worse what they expect of maintainers I think I need to look for another community to start contributing too.

The fact is the maintainers are a collective. And as a collective there is just no reasonable way for them to all communicate all changes to each other while at the same time make decisions/be responsible for those changes. It's a massive moving cloud, there are hundreds of us. Many of which don't participate on the lists what-so-ever. It's just a practical matter of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing... and there are hundreds of hands.

Someone needs to oversee that cloud's changes during a release to make sure that what we call Fedora X is valid and working.

   -Mike