Re: What's up with octave-forge? - HELP WANTED

I'm currently building a new octave and octave-forge that should give us a working octave and octave packages for F8. The octave-forge package ships Provides for all of the individual packages in an attempt to make upgrading from octave-forge to the octave-packages work. If anyone forsees any problems with this strategy, please let me know. One concern is if we end up shipping fewer packages in F-9 than the current octave-forge package provides.

Where do we go from here (post-F8)? Well, we need to start packaging all of the individual octave-forge provided packages individually. Currently there are 60 of them. I have an initial packaging draft here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Octave

that should be used when producing these packages. We'll modify it as needed as issues arise, then once it seems good put it up for official status.

So, everyone out there who uses octave, pick a few packages that they use or like and submit them for review!

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion cora nwra com