Re: s/libgssapi/libgssglue/ now?

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:58:29 -0400
> Warren Togami <wtogami redhat com> wrote:
>
> > First ever build of libgssglue which seems to replace libgssapi
> > happened today, one day before the freeze of F8.  In addition to
> > replacing libgssapi it seems to bump soname.
>
> Hrm, when I was contacted about this I was told it was just a package
> rename, not a soname rename too.  This is a much bigger change than I
> expected.  With the freeze tomorrow and the sluggishness of koji lately
> I'm reluctant to let this go through.

The problem is that in both namespaces, libgssapi is a confusing name
for what is really just glue between the kernel and userspace, and not a
gssapi implementation.

Particularly when (in Fedora) libgssapi_krb5 is the mechglue library
provided by the MIT krb5 package, and elsewhere libgssapi is a name much
more traditionally associated (such as in Heimdal Kerberos) with real
GSSAPI implementations.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett