Request for Comments: Proposed changes to Fedora development cycle

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 17 06:22:23 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> It's in peoples heads afaics and they mention it on the list if
> questions come up "can I run a test release and later the final without
> reinstalling?" -> "No".

This is slowly getting changed. For Fedora 7, there was some effort into
providing a "supported" path from Fedora 7 test 3 to the general
release. This could certainly be changed to cover all the test releases
with some more testing and proper messaging.

> Of did we document somewhere in between how to switch from rawhide to
> release before rawhide moves on? If yes please point me to, then I'll
> blog about it to get the old scheme out of peoples head.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

Feel free to add any missing information. It should be easier to switch
to and away from rawhide though.

Rahul