Re: Question on wireless module

Dan Williams <dcbw <at> redhat.com> writes:

> Well, it's pretty good so far, and a lot of drivers that are based on
> mac80211 are landing in F8 (iwl3945, iwl4965, rt2x00, ath5k, b43).

I have been running iwl3945 in F7 recently and it is nice and works well for WPA
encryption with wpa_supplicant. Running WPA rather than WEP encryption makes for
a much safer wireless network, but also in many institutions WPA/PEAP + MSCHAP
V2 and similar means that unless a laptop can cope with that encryption method
then it cannot be linked via wifi at all!  Hence getting these drivers fully
operational is a big step forward.