Re: Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora 7 + Test Updates - 2007-10-16

> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:59:27 -0800
> "Jeff Spaleta" <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:
>
> > how does the package tool know that some updates are security fixes?
>
> Via the update-info that is added into yum repodata.  We aren't quite
> producing that yet I don't think, luke has been working on reviving
> that within bodhi.

So the question becomes, as currently designed, does the repodata
extend to include package-info that is not tied to the name of a
package and not the specific n-v-r? If we had repodata info that was
tied to a package name only we could most definitely send out notices
to users when packages orphan and/or expire.

-jef